- Any USB camera supporting the UVC norm (Standard USB Video stream norm)
- Any IP camera supporting MJPEG over HTTP, H264 over RTSP or (starting with 5.7.0) RTP over multicast UDP.
- With USB cameras supporting the UVC norm, do not install the manufacturer’s driver.
- The solution does not work with analog cameras directly (e.g. CCTV or mini “spy” cameras).
- Cameras with plastic lenses deliver poorer images than those with glass lenses and are not recommended.
- The use of WiFi IP cameras may be problematic when multiple cameras share the same wireless band. Periodic video dropouts are to be expected.
- It is possible to use varifocal lenses.